Fae Strengths and Weaknesses
|News Blurb: Grimmwold Closed|
Grimmwold has closed, as of July 2013. The community is now hanging out on facebook, and many are awaiting the release of Shroud of the Avatar. Get the most current status on the main page here, join the facebook discussions, or make sure you are signed up for the newsletter.
|Classes||Human Dreamer||Non-Human Dreamer||Native/Advanced (1 yr)|
The Fae are magical creatures and as such have many natural abilities associated with them. The more powerful the Fae the more powerful and lasting the abilities.These Abilities for the Dreamer are not imeditaly known or may never be known depending on the acceptance of the changeling to their new awareness of being a Fae.
- Glamour:Illusion cast by the Fae to camouflage their true appearance.The average human sees only what the Fae wants them to see, and is subtly repelled from bumping into or brushing against it by a small perimeter of spatial distortion that is part of the Fae glamour(Hiding,Stealth,Invisibilty,incognito,polymorph)
- Sifting: Fae method of locomotion, occurs at speed of thought(Recall,Teleport)
- Healing:Fairy healing powers are extraordinary. They can cure any wound or illness, and even revive the dead.(Healing ,Veterinary,Heal ,Greater Heal,cure,arch cure,Resurrection)
- Charming: A Natural talent for song and dance combined with the fae's physical beauty can soemtimes control the hearts and minds of men and beasts.(Peacemaking,Provoke,Animal Taming)
- Tongues: Tongues allows them to speak any language at will, sometimes without even thinking about it.(Goblin and zibari languages)
- Sight: Very little can be kept hidden from the eyes of the fae some have the ability to see what is hidden or view things over far distances.(Detect Hidden,Witch's Peer,Night sight)
- The fae are immortal this simply means longevity,In the kingdom when the human host dies the fae will find another host child and live on through it. They can still be harmed by magical and normal means and even succumb to poisons disease and sickness.
- Cold Iron: if a fae is pierced by or entrapted in Cold iron it will weaken them hampering or even canceling their abilities depending on the duration of their contact with it. Iron that has been enchanted like weapons is not considered cold iron.
- Shiny Objects: Fae are susceptible to shiny objects.While this particular weakness does not incapacitate them, it could possibly be useful in distracting them.
- Witch Hazel wands and staves:Witch Hazel wands and staves can break a Fae glamour
Questions and Answers
Since some of the abilities are spells does that mean no spell book is required in Role play? Yes. they are natural abilties of the fae no words, books or regents are needed. just thought and intent. So for example your spell books can be taken from you and your hands bound and you could still Sift away .Rember this is Role-play only, mechwise you still will need your books regs etc.
Changelings,Fae and Metagaming
It is unfair when knowledge gained in this is used AGAINST another player. Its NOT okay to just say "Well I read a book", or "Well Bob the Tailor told me", or "My grandmother told me stories" when that information is used against another player. For almost everything else its a perfectly fine cover, but in cases like this, its not enough. You can't just "pull a rabbit out of your hat", there must be effort on your CHARACTERS part to learn the information, and there must be a way to COMMUNICATE that effort to the other player characters. For those of you wishing to RP out learning about Changelings, here are some examples that would be considered fair: 1. A series of role-play posts explaining how your character is going about learning. Quality and Quantity make a difference. 2. Actually spending time in game going to libraries and role-playing what you are doing. Speaking to others and asking questions about them. Making an ingame book from what you've learned from your role-play. 3. Training up the Hobby Skill for Literary Research or Occultism.
And to make this PERFECTLY CLEAR.... Just because you have read this page, does not mean you know about the changelings within the game. Thank you.